Friday, February 3, 2012

58: The Book


I recently read 58:  Fast Living, How the Church Will End Extreme Poverty.  For those interested in becoming part of the solution to end extreme poverty, I highly recommend this book.  The book does a great job of showing how the Church, governments, and non-profit organizations can work to see an end to extreme poverty in this generation.

The book has one page that is probably the most powerful page of reading that I have read.  The ironic thing is that it is a totally blank page.  If you read the book you'll know what I'm talking about.

Many times we do nothing because we feel that we cannot help a large number of people on our own.  Through opportunities that I've had to work with Compassion I've learned that we can each make a difference in the life of one child.  By making a difference in the life of one child we will play a part in releasing that child from poverty, and this will give future generations the opportunity to live a life free from poverty. 

To learn more about the 58: book and the Live58 initiative, visit their website at:  http://www.live58.org/


Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment